Health & Travel

Getting ready to travel? If your plans include flying, your pet will need a current Health Certificate. 1st Care offers the convenience of providing a health certificate for your pet at most of our clinics. It is required that you call the office at least 3 office days ahead to ensure the availability and that all requirements are met.

Both Domestic and International Health Certificates for traveling with your pet are available at our clinics. We use APHIS form 7001 which is acceptable for all domestic and most international travel.

Please visit the USDA website for regulations and requirements for the specific country you are planning to travel to:

You can also contact the regional USDA-APHIS-VS office at (310) 725-1970.

To travel within the United States please inquire with your airline and the individual state you are traveling to for specific regulations and requirements.

All health certificates must be issued within 10 days of departure.

A valid rabies vaccination certificate and any required treatment paperwork MUST be brought to clinic to issue health certificate.

For questions about our process and to notify us of plans to attend a clinic, contact 1st Care during the week at (855) 755-VETS(8387).

Services Pricing
Domestic Health Certificate 7001 Form $45
International Health Certificate 7001 Form $65
Each Additional Health Certificate Form needed beyond the 7001 form $20


It is required that you call the First Care office at least 3 week days prior to your planned visit to the clinic. Please arrive within the first 30 minutes of our clinics to ensure processing of Health Certificates. Health Certificates can add 10-15 minutes to your clinic processing time.